Sunday, January 9, 2011

Big Changes for 2011

I have been dying to clean and re-organize my closet, but I was waiting for 1 key thing, to hear on weather or not I was going to get the new job I had been interviewing for. I have a lot of "banker" clothes and knew that if I were to get this new job, I would need to "retire" several things in my wardrobe. Well I heard back this week, and YES I got a new job and could not be more excited!!! I will now be working for Maurices Corporate Office in the Visual Merchandising department. It will allow me to be creative at work, and I really feel like this could be the best job ever. I have never been this excited about a job ever in my life. So this weekend was time to re-organize some things around the house, starting with my clothes!!! 
 
 Here it is, and I had so much I was even invading the side behind the door! Now I know, and those of you that know me also know that since I am again working in retail, it will not take me long, to creep back over, but for now it is so much better!!

 After I tackled that one I was inspired to keep going, I don't know how all these hidden spaces get so messy! This is a drawer in my bathroom.

 It drove me nuts everyday this has all my makeup and things in there that I use everyday. I decided the drawer  needed dividers. I went out into the garage and cut some left over bead board. But 2 pieces 9 3/4, by 3 1/2. I also cut 4 pieces 4 x 3 1/2. Got out my trusty gorilla glue and glued it in place.

 I proped some books in the back to give it pressure while it dried.
And now things are much better! 
Just had to share!! I was inspired to organize from my pal Donna over at Funky Junk Interiors, she is having a party all about organization so if you need some great ideas stop by and visit her!! 





6 comments:

Sue said...

Good Luck with your new job! its great when you can get excited about going to work....

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Congrat's on the new job!! How exciting for you :) The closet and drawer looks fabulous! That is one of my "big to do's" this year also is tackle ALL the closets lol. That will take me a few days that's for sure lol.

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

That is an impressive closet. Doesn't it always feel good to get something like that done? We desperately need an organizer in our closet like that. Congrats on the job too!

Mom vs. the boys said...

I love a nice organized space! good job girl

Jane said...

Congratulations on the new job. To be able to be creative on the job is a wonderful thing!
Your closet looks fabulous...mine could use a spruce up!
Jane

Sueann said...

Oh that is so exciting!! A new job! Woot!! And one you are thrilled about too! That is super...congrats!
And your closet looks awesome..I have to do mine!!
Hugging you
SueAnn