Monday, November 21, 2011

Pottery Barn Pillow Knock off!

A good friend of mine sent me the link to a really cute pillow at pottery barn last week. The only problem, the pillow was $49 and that was just for the cover! You still had to buy the actual pillow! So of course, I knocked it off! 
With some burlap, old wool sweaters and yarn, I was able to create this:

I cut the stocking from an old sweater, used heat n bond to attach and then sewed in place. I attached some yarn to the top with permanent fabric glue and sewed the pillow together!


 I like it so much I think I may some more but with different prints and colors!
So what do you think? I do have this one available in my ETSY shop, for much less than pottery Barn, and mine is complete! 
Here are a couple other pillows I made tonight. All 100% recycled products! 

 This was from a sweater that had really cute winter scenes all over it! I have cut them all out to use on various projects!

5 comments:

Sugarr2518 said...

All of your pillows look great:) It looks like it took some time, especially for the last one!

Heidi said...

Oh I love it! Terrific knock off!

c.w.frosting said...

I've seen that PB pillow & love your knockoff version! Clever & cute!

-caroline @ c.w.frosting

Anonymous said...

I have 1 knitted stocking I've been wanting to do something with and now I see it!! Thanks so much for sharing this idea...I pinned it on my Pinterest wall so others can see it...so cute...Mel's Designs from the Cabin...I will post a picture of my completed project when it's finished...thanks...Mel

Sew Passionate said...

Very cute! My favorite is the little white sock/stocking one. Thanks for sharing your pillows. Jules