Monday, November 23, 2009

Old Fashion Christmas Blocks

So yesterday I started playing around with some scrap wood we had outside. I cut a bunch o different sized blocks and brought them in the house with no real plan in mind. Then I remembered this old fashion Christmas paper that I had and started cutting it to fit on the blocks, still no real plan in mind. Once the modge podge dried, I used my palm sander to sand the edges, added a little stain, embellished and now I have the cutest set of Christmas blocks on the planet! I feel like these are something i just have to share with the world, so soon they will be available on my Etsy store!


d


Hey make sure to check out the linky party tonight over at Cottage Instincts! And these were made with what I had on hand! No purchase necessary!

13 comments:

Katy said...

A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E!!! These turned out amazing! Feel free to send a few my way...

cindy said...

OMGosh I love these....those vintage papers are to.die.for. The staining on the edges really 'makes' them.
Thanks for linking up...my new weekly party doesn't have to be what you have on hand specifically, but those kinds of projects are definitely my fave!

Momma Blair said...

Missy- you're amazing!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Precious! And I so agree, the antiquing really finishes them off!

These blocks remind me of some picture blocks I had as a kid. If you turned them just so, you'd have a full picture, like a puzzle fits together. And there were 6 pictures you could roll with.

I just loved this project! So it's in my Today's Hot Find section. :)

Donna

Sherri said...

They turned out BEAUTIFUL! I've wanted to make these for years. Never found some 'scrap' wood to use and I refuse to purchase blocks just for it. LOL I'm all about using what you have or find VERY inexpensive as Goodwill is my new favorite store for makeover home decor.

Samantha2818 said...

Oh, I really love these blocks - they look so vintage. If I find some nice Christmas paper I may try my hand at this. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I left you a comment last night and I didn't take it! I love them!!! So stinkin cute, make a zillion, they will sell! I love that your a "hot find" today!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

So cute! I love the vintage look and the beautiful colors. All done with stuff you had on hand, bravo!!

Becca said...

Those have such a beautiful Vintage charm to them!Thanks for linking!

Becce

Lori said...

Oh these are so cute ~ I love them!

KimMalk said...

Yes, you are right- cuter than cute! I like the vintage look, did you glaze them too?
@cheapchichome.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! I added them to my ETSY store today! Kim-yes they are glazed and I added a clear coat to them as well!

Barbara Jean said...

These blocks are great!!

will have to keep an eye out for some great paper like that.

blessings

barbara jean

PS sure enjoying my visits here.
Lots f great ideas.