Friday, March 5, 2010

Are you ready for this?

 
So do you remember the big TV? Well, here it is, in it's new home! It got moved dowstairs and I had the perfect size table to put it on! Here is my room reveal, we will begin with the down stairs since we are already there! Here is a before : 
and the afters:
  
This also got moved downstairs, I made it months ago and never really had a good place for it, I love this table and so glad I now have a more centralized space for it! (See that magazine in my basket-Flea Market Style, Love it! Go buy one today so they can continue publishing:)



 
Now it is time to go Upstairs! 


Don't panic, this is a BEFORE picture. I decided that the bear/moose theme was no longer for me, it just doesn't fit with my current style. So I painted this bookcase, and added some new & some old but re-vamped decor so it now looks like this

 Can you even stand it!?! What a difference! 
Remember where the old entertainment center was? Here is a refresher:
and here is the new look of this room

 
Another before


And After
these theater seats will get some pillows soon!
I LOVE the new look of this room! I feel like it finally works, we put on an addition 3 years ago, and I have never really liked the layout of this upstairs room, until now! Almost everything is from what I already had, I did have to buy some new small decor items, and the only new furniture items came from an Estate sale totaling $15, a little spray paint and some creativity go a long way!
Used my Cricut & Vinyl lettering for this!

 Well that is it! (for now, still need to paint those kitchen cabinets!) I do have some small items that I still want to make, but just haven't had the time, not sure where it goes, besides all the sitting around I have to do with my bum knee, I can't take all the credit, Hubby did all the manual labor here, I had the vision and put the details together, but he really did all of the major work for me, have I told you how WONDERFUL he is?

39 comments:

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

It all looks so fantastic! Congratulations!! I especially like that little washboard table. SO cute!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Wow... it looks fantastic!! You and your wonderful hubby did a great job!!
~Jennifer
www.studiojru.com

Sueann said...

Everything looks amazing!! Loving those theater chairs!! I don't know if they need pillows? I like them as is! Hugs to you and your hard working hubby
Hugs
SueAnn

Unknown said...

What a nice change Missy! I love how the lamp turned out!!! Enjoy your new spaces-Krista

Funky Junk Interiors said...

WOW Missy! You have a new home!!!

And can I just say, that coffee table wowed me enough to throw it up on SNS #20's sidebar for the weekend. Funkalicious! :)

Thanks for linking up to SNS!
FJ Donna

Alison @ Hospitality Haven said...

You did a wonderful job!!! It's always amazing what some paint can do!

Debbiedoos said...

You did so many neat little touches to create your own style, I just love that! The room looks not only stylish, but comfy too! Following you from Friday, hope to see you soon!~

Rachel said...

It looks GREAT! I'm so impressed that you did so much using what you already have! Way to go!

Missy said...

Looking refreshed, and fabulous!! I love your touches of black!

Missy-JunkFest

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Super fabulous! Your ideas are wonderful and everything is coming together. Love that table!! Your country shelves went from country okay to city fab instantly! It is the most amazing transformation. I wouldn't have guessed they were the same shelves!! Kudos to you and the hubby!

junkermidge said...

The changes are great, it all turned out beautifully. But I have to say I'm particularly fond of that washboard table. It's amazing.
Midge

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Your changes look fabulous - love those stadium chairs!! And your washboard coffee table is so unique

Prior said...

love the redo and love your coffee table! Lezlee

Sonny G said...

Love all your changes.. I hope you and your family are enjoying every moment in your NEW rooms.

Kaysi said...

Wow it looks great! I love that you painted the shelves!

Upstatemamma said...

Wow!! Everything looks amazing!! I LOVE the way the bookshelf came out when you painted it. And that table is so cute!!

Victoria said...

What an amazing job you did, I love the black wall unit and I had to laugh when you said the bear and moose theme was no longer working for you:)

June said...

Great transformations!

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

Wow, you have been working hard and it shows!!! I love it! Your house is sooo homey and cute! I found you from Make it for Monday. I am your newest follower!!! I can't wait to see what you do next!

TheVirginiaHouse said...

Awesome redo's! I love that you just went for it, especially the repainted bookcase. Great post.

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

I can't believe what a difference it made to paint those items black! They look totally different and so much more modern. Wonderfully redecorated rooms!

DD

Lisa B. said...

That looks wonderful. I love your theatre chairs. We used to have some but I think my mother has thrown them away! :(

Laney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laney said...

Looks amazing! I love love that table. Did you think of that yourself? Creative! That's not the same entertainment system....is it??

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

It all looks great. Wow, how good it must feel to have it done--give yourself a pat on the back, you deserve it!

Shaunna said...

It looks so great! Found you by linking up at make your monday...so glad I did! Especially love the unit you painted black and switched out decor...those small changes make such a big impact. I know you're excited...great job!

Heather said...

Wowzers, what a fantastic job! You must be so happy with the end result, thanks for sharing.

Julie said...

Great redo! Thanks for sharing with Made it Monday! Jules

Roeshel said...

Wow! I love rearranging and creating new looks. You did a fantastic job! I see SO many little accents and details that are just my style! ;)

Thanks for sharing your inspiration in the DIY Project Parade!

Roeshel

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Love the new look of the room! The black furniture really makes a difference. Great job :)

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

The black paint makes the shelves soooooo much better. I'm loving the washboard table. LOVE.

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Great job! The washboard coffee table is my very favorite part of the room.

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Great job! The washboard coffee table is my very favorite part of the room.

Unknown said...

Awesome Missy! So, what did you do with all your Bear and Moose stuff? ;) Let me know if you want to sell it!

Unknown said...

Heather, send me an email, I would love to sell it all!

maluukkonen@q.com

Sarah said...

I love the new style!!!
God's blessings,
Sarah :D

janae cairns said...

LOVE the black paint make-over! Was is solid wood or laminate or a mix? I have an entertainment unit that is a mix and I'm scared to paint over the laminate part and wondered if ya had any tips!

Its So Very Cheri said...

I love it. YES I need to go find the magazine.

Thanks for posting to the party.

My favs will be up this evening.

Cheri www.itssoverycheri.com

Have you re-signed up to follow me at the new site. If not you won;t get my updates. Blame Google not me-I don't know why they want to keeo my followers-like what are they going to do with them--REALLY.

Katie said...

Just LOVE that lampshade!!