Sunday, July 17, 2011

Im Back!

I am not sure why, but I have not done a craft project in forever! But today I finally got out in the garage and dug out these old boards that I picked up from a junk pile on the side of the road last summer. My friend and I saw some really cute picture frames a few months back in Minneapolis and this very over priced little shop. Cute but very expensive! So today I finally started to make them. 
 I cut the boards to even lengths, 6 at 20 inches and 3 at 12. I also used some other scrap wood from the hubbs wood pile. I cut wood for 4 total frames. I sanded them a bit and painted each board with acrylic paint & let dry, which took all day since we are at 185% humidity here today!

 I also had a bunch of these old doors, I think they were from an old attic. I painted 3 of them to match the panels I just painted.
 Once the paint was dry I brushed them with wood stain the color was Jackobean, very dark, but I love how it looks. Once the stain was dry I then cut pieces for the back to hold them together and used a nail gun to attach.







 Now to make them into frames! I bought a bunch of different size frames at the dollar store, plus I had some old wood ones here at home. I primed and painted them all white.
 I then laid them out on the wood to see how to arrange them all.  Once I get the photos figured out, I will attach the frames and hang all of them in my hallway going up the stairs.

 I think this one is my favorite!






New wall photo collage coming soon! 

Post a Comment