Sunday, September 23, 2012

Loving the Owls!!

I love owls and this year I wanted to change up my tree skirts a bit! So I got to work on designing this guy! I even downloaded a free trial of Adobe Illustrator and taught myself how to use it, made this an SVG file and can now cut out the pieces with my cricut using my SCAL soft wear! 
I was really surprised at how simple it was to do. So now I can make this guy any size I need without having to re-draw him!! 
My first project was this tree skirt. I just love the little hat! 
 I made another skirt too, using different wool sweaters.

 Then after the skirts, I just had to make some matching stockings!!

I was busy sewing all weekend! Getting ready for my "busy" season!! I can't wait! 
Happy Monday All! 

7 comments:

Sueann said...

I just love these...well done
Congrats on learning the new program.
Hugs
SueAnn

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Awww! I love owls and this little skirt is soooo cute!!

<3 Christina at I Gotta Create!
Wildly Original linky party is open.

Anonymous said...

This is beyond adorable! I collect owl, so I just adore these!

Would love for you to come and stop by my blog, if you get the chance. http://purplekale25.blogspot.com/

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

Oh this is amazing, I love your owls!

Unknown said...

SO SO SO cute! I love owls and Christmas... what's better then an owl Christmas tree skirt??? Nothing I can think of.

Buffie
http://papercuts4u.blogspot.com/

{Steph} said...

Oh My! These owls are adorable! So, so, so cute!

~Steph @ Silver Boxes

KaraD said...

What do you use to keep the owls on? Are they sewn or iron on? Thanks?