I have seen similar skirts like this on pinterest and I have been wanting to make one for some time now. The tutorial I saw was great but they were all glued one, and I would rather sew it on than hot glue it.
So I got to work cutting my fabric into 3" wide strips and I used the ruffler foot for all the muslin.
The burlap will not ruffle, so I had to pin each pleat prior to sewing it. I made a base from burlap and then started attaching my ruffles! I started on the outside and worked my way in.
I love how it came out. So many ruffles!!! This will be my family skirt this year, but I made another one for my Etsy store as well!!