Monday, April 12, 2010

Under the knife-again

So did you know that 20% of all knee surgery's don't work? I dind't know that either, and unfortunatly I am in that 20%. Saturday I went to Micheal's, I was picking up some terra cotta pots for my latest fun project and as I stood up with pots in habd I began to loose my balance a bit and as I kept from falling I must have twisted my knee just enough, the next thing I heard was a "pop" and then came the pain.

Thinking I could "walk it off" I went to the front of the store to get a cart so I could still get my pots, pain still there. Drove to Home depot, needed paint, pain still there. So I spent the rest of my weekend getting reaquainted with my recliner, bottle of advil, & my trusty friend, the Ice pack. 
My knee is the still the size of a grapefruit and I am on Dr's orders to stay off of it until Thursday when he can go back in and fix it...again! Lets hope this one works this time.  I guess now I can get caught up on my reading!

12 comments:

Kathysue said...

so sorry Missy, I had knee surgery in Oct so I know the pain and the recovery. Is it a torn meniscus? That is what I had repaired but I still have a bit of trouble with it but not the constant pain. Good luck!! Sorry! Kathysue

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

ouch! so sorry you're in pain! Take it easy, and I hope things go really well this time!
gail

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Sorry to read about the knee and the pain! Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way!

Magic Brush said...

I am sooooo sorry. I am so grateful to have good knees! I know they can give people fits! Hope they get you fixed this time!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Youch!!! Sorry to hear Missy. Here's hoping your computer is a laptop? :)

Donna

Cheri said...

OUCH! Sorry to hear this and hope this time is the charm.

Sueann said...

Oh dear!! That totally sucks. I too hope that he will fix it this time. Best of luck
Hugs
SueAnn

Coleen's Corner said...

Sorry to hear of your injury. Hope you have a complete recovery soon.

1 Funky Woman said...

Ooooh, I can hear the pop now! Those darn pots! Hope you heal soon!

Leslie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your injuries! On a good note I just awarded you the Sunshine Award on my blog. Go check it out at nightowlcrafting.blogspot.com

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

So sorry--don't like the photo, but so sorry!

Unknown said...

All went well today, I feel great, surgery went better than he expected and I should be up and about in a week or so! Thanks for all your sweet comments!