Sunday, July 18, 2010

It only took about 13 years

I started re finishing this table about 13 years ago.
It was my grandmothers, and had about 17 coats of paint on it.
I sanded it down, repainted the legs, stained, and decided to paint a floral design on the top.
I never finished the flowers and it has sat in my shed, unfinished until today. 

I pulled out the paint pens and finished it up. Then I sanded it down to give it a vintage looked, repainted the legs, 13 years ago I was into forest green....now the legs are black, glazed and sealed. Now it is in my house and makes the perfect little work spot for my compter. 

I needed more room than the old sewing table I once had here. 

Stacked some old crates, Funky Junk Stlye for my books and I was done! 

My new fun little work space. 



13 comments:

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

I bet that table makes you smile everyday! The flowers are a cute touch, it looks good. And you finished a project, double good!

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

This is beautiful! I love the black leg with the worn wood. And the painting just *makes* this look vintage. Love it!

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

What a very special piece from your grandmother...lovingly restored and now lovingly placed for all to enjoy in your home!
Happy day!
xojanis

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Such a cute table. I love the shape of the top and the drop down sides. So great that it was your grandmas.

Unknown said...

I like the black legs very much. It makes the table look brand new. The sanding is the part I could go without if I could.
Nice post and blog !

Funky Junk Interiors said...

*sniff*.. you're such a good junkin' student! :)

What an adorable table! Love the new wood/black leg combo. And the flowers?!? Let me at some of those paint pens! I'm dying to try! Very cool design!

Donna

the thrifty ba said...

im sure grandma would love it!

Sueann said...

What an adorable table...great new spot to "work" in!!! Love what you did with the table too!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Unknown said...

so cute! come on over and link up to MMM :)

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

What an adorable "new" table! You did a great job resurrecting it! :)

Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple said...

Wow you did a great job on it!! It looks beautiful!

Angie said...

How adorable! I bet it puts a smile on your face every time you sit in your new workspace :)

Karen said...

What a loving tribute to your grandma! I love that it sits right under a window. A great place to work . . .