Monday, November 8, 2010

Owl Tree

 I know that  most of you know that I have become a little obsessed with Owls lately. I have been seeing them all over the place, and now many as Christmas ornaments, but I have not bought any until this weekend! I was visiting Snowman Hill's sale over the weekend, and amongst many, many other adorable things there, they had an old crock in the corner with broken tree trunks and branches, it was covered with white lights and some ornaments, simple, beautiful, and oh sooo inspiring! I immediatley knew what I was going to do! 
 So I went hiking in the woods with my boys, brave move on opening hunting weekend, I know. No worries, there is no hunting here, too many houses! We looked for the prefect fallen trees, I wanted birch, and found a few, but decided to mix them in with some others so we had a nice full bucket.
 I then added white lights, Brown ornaments and brown glittered pine cones, and sparkle snowflakes.
 Then I began to add all of my Owls. I have about 6 ornaments, and 2 that are just propped in the branches. This tree is here to stay all winter long. Most of my Owls are snow Owls, but I will add any cute ones that I can find!!


So if you see an adorable Owl ornament, feel free to send him my way!! :) He would have lots of friends! 


17 comments:

Crystal said...

This is sooooo cute! I haven't really found any owl ornaments anywhere :(

LenaLoo said...

Adorable! I am enamored with owls too lately :) Coming from Made By You Monday @ Skip to My Lou.

Unknown said...

I love it! We were just at Tarjay, (Target) and I found some owl ornaments there. They are really cute.

Handbags*and*Pigtails said...

Awww....I love owls too. Your little tree is adorable! And Ive got to applaud you-I SO want to start decorating for winter(esp b/c we'll be gone for a family vacation and when we get home it'll literally be DECEMBER already. But hubby is overruling me saying its too early.:(

O'Quilts said...

Very nice. Our Grandmother always lived with us growing up in Arizona. At the holidays,she would get twigs from a Manzanita bush, put red lights on it and hang her birds. Your pretty post brought back those lovely memories.

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Very cute. I love owls too. It looks so pretty all lit up.

Sueann said...

That is adorable Missy!!
Looks totally festive!
Hugs
SueAnn

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Missy! Hey girl!

This is sooooo precious! I just love the fact that there's NO greenery on it. Such a fresh take on all things winter and Christmas too!

Love it! I'd love to do something similar to a restaurant I'll be decorating for. I had the idea, but you just gave me proof that it works. Thanks! :)

Donna

Danielle said...

This is so cute and such a great idea!! I got my owl ornament at target a few days ago :)

willowbird35 said...

I'm owl crazy too! I think they are so adorable! I saw some feathered ones like you have at Michael's a week ago when I was making my thanksgiving centerpieces. I love your owl tree! And I love that you can add to it over time! - Karen

LaurelK said...

Love that! Very cute, maybe that's what I can do with all my cardinals....hmmmm

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

Very cute! You are not alone in the 'owl love'~Love your collection!

cindy said...

Missy I love this! I was just out cutting branches a couple days ago to spray white for a christmas twig tree....LOVE those owls! I'm trying to come up with a theme for my tree, but comin' up empty. Hmmmmm....

Molly Anne said...

I absolutely LOVE this! It is just gorgeous! I used to have a broken vine maple branch hanging from my wall and I'd twined a small string of lights on it and I'd use it for light every evening. It didn't have a holiday look so I left it up year round!

Lady Pamela said...

I have only one beautiful white owl to put in a tree. But I will have a look for some smaller branches, my DH and I love the look you have created. Thank you for sharing.

Quiltpiecer said...

I totally love this ... what a great idea ... thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Very Cute! I love the idea of Christmas in the Woodlands!