Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Gettin Ready

Halloween is officially over and it is time to start thinking about the holidays! I have been sewing for a few weeks now, and finally updated my shop tonight. I have changed up my tree skirts from the past years and added some ruffles and flower embellishments. I am still using recycled burlap coffee bean bags from all over the world! That part is so fun!

 This one is my favorite! It will look great under someones tree!

I have also changed up the stockings a bit. This year I went for a more rustic look and used cotton muslin vs sweaters. Much of what I am using here is from recycled curtains. 


What do you think? Should I make some with sweaters too? That could be this weekends project! 
Well once I finish putting away the Halloween decor and getting out the winter! 
I can't wait for it to snow! 

10 comments:

Stephanie Hughes said...

Missy I love the stockings, very rustic and nice.

Katalina Jewelry said...

I love your projects using burlap coffee bags! I have a friend who has a coffee roasting business - now that I've seen the potential, I'll be asking her for some bags. Thanks for sharing!

Sueann said...

I love the burlap bag projects...they are fabulous!! I have a bunch of coffee bags and have been wondering what I could do with them. Thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs
SueAnn

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

I have never thought of burlap for the holidays, but I really love all the looks you have created. They feel so homey and warm. I am a new follower from blue Cricket Design. Vicky from Mess For Less

Di@Cottage-Wishes said...

I just came over from Whisperwood! Those tree skirts are beautiful I am making burlap stockings and incorporating feed sack material. I finished my Thanksgiving decorating with burlap runner and pumpkins. Now I'm ready for Christmas projects!! Thanks so much for sharing. My blog is http://cottage-wishes.blogspot.com, pop on over!

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Oh MAN, I passed up a bunch of coffee bags thinking I already had too much stuff, but your projects are so clever. Love what you've come up with!

Shelley@1510farmhousefancy said...

Wow!! Love the skirts and stockings!! Such a great idea! Thanks for posting!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Hi! I found you through Burlap Week over at WhisperWood Cottage. I adore the burlap Christmas tree skirt. I have leftover burlap from my daughter's wedding projects and think I'll make her a tree skirt with it. Thanks for the inspiration!

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Beautiful holiday decor, Missy! You continue to wow me with your talent. Please pass some of those sewing skills over here. :) Thanks for linking up to the burlap party at WhisperWood Cottage!

Beth said...

Love to see all the ideas for burlap and I just love the tree skirts with the pretty flowers!!