Thursday, December 4, 2014

DIY Christmas Pennant Banner

Now that its December, Christmas decorating is in full swing!!
Today I'm going to show you how to make a super easy Christmas banner! 
You will need: 
Burlap triangles (hand cut or store bought)
Paint
Stencil brushes
Round stencil sponges 
Twine
Frog tape- straight and chevron shape tape

Let's get started! 
First if you made your own burlap triangles you'll want to sew along the edge to keep them from unraveling!! You can buy these ready to decorate at almost any craft supply store. I have seen them at Hobby Lobby!

Next, lay the triangles in a protected work surface. For the stripe and the chevron you'll want I add tape where you don't want the paint. 
Next, use your pushes to carefully apply paint. Let dry, this usually only takes about 30-40 min. 
Let's the chevron and stripes begin to dry. For the polka dots I free hand them using a round sponge stencil tool. 
I believe these are from Michaels. Add as many polka dots as you like! I wanted 2 different sizes so I used a small and large sponge!

Once dry and you have removed the tape you are ready to add them to the twine. I like to leave about 3' on each end for hanging. 
I attach mine using a zig zag stitch to ensure they stay in place! Also a piping foot is great to help keep the twine in pace while sewing! Simply sew along the top edge until all the pennants are in place! 
That's it! Your done! 



Super easy and fun to make! It's a great project for the kids to help out with! 
Have fun! I would love to see your creations! Find me in Instagram and tag the little green bean to show me your work! 

Missy

No comments: