Monday, April 13, 2015

Hand painted wood signs

Now that it's finally warming up I can work in the garage again! This weekend I took full advantage of the warm sunshine and worked on some new wood signs.
My mom owns a green house and is making a gift shop this year!
I love to paint signs and this was a great reason to do so! Each sign is hand painted with decor arts chalk paint. I really love the finish of their paint and wax. I also stain some of the wood and distress with a palm sander. I use my silhouette cameo machine to make all of my stencils.

This guy above is pained onto a reclaimed wood pallet board. I am in love with how it turned out. I may just have to keep this one for myself!

I have several others that I am working on and wanted to share a few with you. 
I added burlap flowers that I used my sizzix to cut out. I sewed cute little buttons in the center and glued them in place. 
I really love mixed media, so I am working on adding in different elements to each sign. 

More to come later this week and if they do well, I may just have to add some to the shop!!
 Thanks so much for stopping by!