Friday, March 26, 2010

The perfect camera bag

 I love my camera, I take it everywhere! I have a very nice camera bag that works great when I need lens options and a possible flash, but what about all those times when I just need my camera and the lens I keep on it at all times (my Minolta 50mm 1.7) I usually just grab it an gently toss it in the backseat. Not the best idea. Now I have looked at several camera bags, but for 1 they are expensive, 2 not the right size, and 3 not at all cute! The other problem, I also have a vertical grip on my camera, so the smaller bags are too small.
So I made one! I used some great new fabric by Basic Grey, and made a functional, cute bag, just for my camera! 
I have pockets on the outside for things like extra battery's, memory cards, etc. But I also made a camera strap cover that also goes with my bag. I added a little pocket to the strap to keep the lens cap, my pocket isn't the best place for that! 

 
Now my camera will be well protected when I just need to grab and go, and there is even some extra room for one more lens, just in case! 

Thank you to Priddy Creations for the awesome tutorial on the camera strap. See her directions here


*****My bags are now available in my shop!******
Thanks so much for all of your sweet comments!

Post a Comment