Tuesday, March 2, 2010

coffee table turned bench

  
Another great Estate sale find! Not as is of course!
This is sneak peak # 2 into my living room re-do. 
I knew immediately that this coffee table was the perfect size for a bench right below one of my windows.

  
 The first step was to cover it with fiber fill and batting for a nice even cushion. I stretched it over the edge and stapled to the bottom. Then I selected one of my fabric remnants that was the perfect size, no trimming necessary, but there were some stains on it, I am guessing that was why it was a remnant. So my SIL suggested to cover the stains with ribbon. I sewed on 5 pieces, and it worked perfectly! Painted the legs brown with some of my favorite rustoleum paint and it is done!

What do you think??
I did get all my new pieces in the room tonight and it is coming together nicely. Tomorrow will be the day for the finishing touches! Stay tuned!



8 comments:

Anny said...

Your sister is a clever woman, it looks great!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

I love the bench--the ribbon is perfect. I see you worked on an extreme home--so did I and got to meet Ty and the others, didn't get hugs :(.

XOXO,

Becky

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Ohh... love it! Looks great! :)
~Jennifer
www.studiojru.com

Treasia Stepp said...

Love the bench. It turned out to be so pretty. I love the way you have hid the stains.

Sueann said...

I too love the bench! The ribbons are a "genius" touch!! It is going to look great under your window!
Hugs
SueAnn

Melissa said...

Nice graphic little bench...

Megan Gunyan said...

This looks great. I love the ribbon idea. Can't wait to see the whole room put together!

alice said...

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together! Great job!!
smiles, alice