Wednesday, June 30, 2010

No 2 will be the same!

I had planned on making a quilt from these squares I had bought a while back, however, I have not been inspired to make a quilt or anything from the little 5x5 squares, unti tonight! I know this is no qulit, but a great shopping tote or book bag. I want to play around with applique a bit, and this was my first one. The fabric is so fun, by MODA of course! 

Each leave is made with 2 different patterns sewn together. I also sewed pieces together to make the top bands and the back pocket. 

I also made sure that the inside was loaded with pockets, 5 to be exact! All different sizes for all those little things you need to be able to grab quickly, cell phone, keys, lipstick, you get the idea! 

I only have a few of each square, so I will be making different designs and appliques, so truly no 2 will be the same. This one is available now on my ETSY shop! Stay tunned for more desgins!! Have any fun applique ideas to share, I would love to hear them!! 

7 comments:

Homemade Heather said...

Love it! So pretty! Please check out my latest link party at Dragonfly Designs! Thanks for sharing!

Sueann said...

Fabulous design! Love the fabric!
Hugs
SueAnn

Melissa said...

love this bag! the colors are very natural and probably wont get dirty easily!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I adore this project. It is going in my style file for sure!

Happy 4th of July!

Star @ A Load Of Craft said...

This is so dang cute. I love the fabrics and leaves!!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Makes me in the mood for fall!

Alicia said...

Very cute! Love the bag, love the theme and colors.