Sunday, December 19, 2010

Loving Riley Blake Designs!

As much as I love to sew, I am horrible at making any type of clothing, nothing ever fits right and I have a terrible time trying to alter the pattern. But when I saw this darling Riley Blake fabric out at my favorite fabric store, Hannah Johnson's. I knew I had to attempt flannel pants for me and the little boys. 
I had a pattern in my Amy butler "in stitches" book for me, and I bought a Kwik sew pattern for the boys.
I must say, it wasn't too bad, and they all fit!! 


I had to get this darling holiday print for me and Zach and the cute little dinosaurs for Nicholas. 
They are very comfy, and I think the boys may live in them all week long!! 

Now here is a sneak peak at my Christmas break project. We are painting and redecorating Zachs room and he picked out the fabric below for his bedding and curtains, the kid has good taste, it too is by Riley Blake, and fits the theme of his new room. Here is the front of the comforter I am making. This part is done, now to add the batting and back! 

More to come on this room re-do in the next week or so!! 
Now it's time to cozy up in my new flannel pants and watch TV!!

6 comments:

Sueann said...

Love the PJ's! The fabric is adorable!! And they do look comfy!! And that comforter is amazing!! Love it!!
Hugs
SueAnn

DANA said...

I found you through cottage Hill and I love this! I wanted to invite you to enter my $50 American Express gift card giveaway that is going on for a few more days, and I also have a linky party happening! Keep up the good blogging! -Dana

http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/12/50-american-express-giveaway-ends.html

April said...

These do look super comfy! And I love the fabric...I see why you picked it! Come link up to my Sew Crafty Party!
http://wildflowersandwhimsy.blogspot.com/2010/12/startin-early-for-orphaned-no-more.html

Elizabeth said...

I love Riley Blake too! Just made a cute little pair of baby shoes with Riley Blake (pic on the blog) Hoping you'll visit me at Sew Chatty and link up to Made With Love Monday! The party will be open until Friday if you want to link up multiple projects. Wishing you a very blessed Christmas! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com

Mary said...

I love the pajamas, I've made myself only one pair so far, you've inspired me to get busy and make some more. Merry Christmas, Mary

Elizabeth {sunny bug} said...

These are super cute! I've been wanting to buy a couple of Amy Butler book and I think I just need to do it so I can make some fun things!