Monday, March 12, 2012

Jumpin In....

Well, I am going to do it. I am jumping in to pattern writing. I have been asked more times than I can count about the pattern for my Ruffled Purse. So I am finally going to attempt to write it. I have been working on it for a while now, doing research, creating the pattern, taking the photos and writing. 
 I took many photos along the way, that is one thing I always find helpful when following a pattern.
 So here I go, I putting it all together. Once it is done I will be looking for 2 people to "test" it for me before it goes live on my ETSY site for the world to see. So if you are a sewer and would like to be a tester for me, keep an eye on the blog over the new couple of weeks. I will hosting a little pattern tester giveaway soon!!
This is the finished product, let me know what you think. I would also like to know what is helpful in a pattern? What makes you want to buy a pattern? Thanks in advance for your help! 

3 comments:

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Your ruffled purse is adorable!!!
The most important thing for me in a pattern are easy-to-follow directions along with good pictures since I'm a visual learner. Since I'm fairly new to sewing I usually will purchase a pattern that fits this criteria. Hope this helps!
~Terry~

Unknown said...

I am a pattern tester for StudioKatDesigns. Her patterns are for purses also. If I remember correctly, I think she did an article recently on pattern writing. Check it out, Maybe there are some helpful hints.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tips ladies! Connie, I am headed there now!

Missy