Friday, August 8, 2014

Vacation mode

Summer is so quickly coming to an end! We have been on vacation all week at a cabin in northern Mn. 
It has been such a great week with my family! We have been fishing, swimming, kayaking and lots of playing! 
This is my 29th year coming to this same resort!! I love that we can now bring our children here, they have so much fun! 
I was able to get some projects done while on vacation for my shop. But only at times when the kids were gone fishing with dad or playing with friends!!
I am not a good relaxer! I can't just sit!! My mind goes crazy thinking about stuff I want to be working on! So I bring a little bit for those times when I can squeeze in even 30 min. Fall and Christmas are so busy for me, so I need to prepare when I can. Some people think I am crazy to bring "work" on vacation with me. But when I am sewing and making items for my shop, it doesn't feel like work at all. 
Next week it's back to the 40 hr day job, meal planning, and thinking about back to school for the kids! 
So on this last day of vacation I'm going to soak it all in and relax and play with my boys! 


No comments: