Sunday, August 10, 2014

Diy chocolate syrup

I am a coffee lover, more importantly mocha lover! Once I read the ingredients in the back of my bottle of Hershey's syrup and could not pronounce many of them, I took to Pinterest to find a way to make my own! 
I found this great recipe! So I thought I would share today! It's easy to make and you can use it right away!
You need 
1 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 cup water
1/2 cup Splenda/sugar blend. (If you want all sugar use 1 cup of sugar) I like to cut calories! 
1/2 t sea salt
1 t vanilla
Mix water, sugar, salt and cocoa with wish over med heat. Bring to a boil, stir constantly for 3-4 min. 
Remove from heat and add vanilla. 
Pour into an airtight jar, store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. 
That's it! 
Less sugar, no chemicals and it's delicious!! So much better than Hershey's!! 

Enjoy your mochas, or use it on ice cream. That's delicious too!! 


2 comments:

Patty Sumner said...

That just sounds and looks yummy! I may have to give that one a try.. Thanks.. Blessings!

Patty Sumner said...

That just sounds and looks yummy! I may have to give that one a try.. Thanks.. Blessings!