Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Christmas decor in the kitchen

I love when everything just comes together! Christmas is my favorite holiday and I alsways decorate around the 1st of November. It usually takes me hours but over the years I have grown to love some of the more simple things that are easy to put up and take down!
This blue box sits on my island I try to keep it cute but often find pencils, Legos and other misc items in there (that's just part of my life with boys I guess) but for Christmas I decorated it with ornaments and some cute little candy cane stripe trees! Very easy and inexpensive to do. 
Sprinkle an assortment of ornaments in various colors and sizes. I even used some mini garland balls that I spray painted silver!
I wrapped this adorable snowman and snowflake wire garland around the outside! And that was it! 

So many fun things to do! My kitchen is red and turquoise which was so fun to decorate this year! 
Last year I made this table runner from fabric scraps and a matching mini ruffle tree skirt for my tiny white tree. I didn't get to make it until late December, so I am glad I get to put it out early this year!



It was fun to add simple elements of Christmas all around the kitchen! Even the window gets dressed up! 
That's the kitchen! All ready for holiday baking and gatherings! 
Maybe I should bake some snicker doodles! 
~Missy 

No comments: