Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mini Martha...

a friend of mine gave me that nickname years ago, and while I am no Martha Stewart, I do love to create! I have another craft show this weekend, and I have been busy making more fun things to sell! I saw this great idea for making magnets on another blog, and I promise, when I find these ideas I will start to write down where I saw them so I can give the proper credit! I apologize to the creative fellow blogger who inspired me with this fun project! Clear glass gems, cool scrapbook paper, clear glue and magnets! What a fun project!! The more vintage looking the paper the better!


I have been using a circle punch and then trimming down as needed.

Cool Vintage magnets!!!

Another fun project came from the latest issue of Martha Stewart Living. Needle felting!!! You use nedles and roving (un-spun wool)to create cute little animals! My fingers are very sore! The needles are super sharp, but I will say that I think I am addicted to this fun little project, the penguin below was my first attempt!

He is about 5 inches tall, I used polar fleece for his hat and scarf!
More fun with burlap bags! I sold most of my pillows at last weekends sale, so I had to make more! Theses are made from my recycled coffee bean bags! Great for decorating with!
I will be hosting a Holiday Open House at my Home the 1st week in December, more details to come soon, and after my sale, I will be updating my ETSY page with some of my creations!! Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Thinkin BelleCruz said...

Ok, I want the magnets AND the penguin!!!!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

I am totally drooling over those pillows!! I love how they're authentic. Makes them all the more amazingly interesting!

Mini Martha, not a doubt!!

Thanks for linking up to SNS #6!

Funky Junk Donna

Katy said...

ya know what's funny? i've been doing some needle felting AND have made some fun crafty stuff with owls! It's a good thing we don't live closer to each other-it could be dangerous. Seriously.

Julie said...

The penguin is absolutely adorable!!