Friday, November 20, 2009

Amazing!

Mike brought home this electric fireplace inset that he got for free. So last night he finally decided to build the mantel for it.
I always knew that my husband was a very gifted carpenter, but I am completely in awe of this fireplace surround that he built last night. Yeah that's right I said last night, he has this done in about 4 hours! He drew his own sketch, went to Home Depot to get his supplies, & started building it around 9pm, I remember him coming to bed shortly after 1am, and he said it was done!


n
w



I didn't see it until this morning, and I just can't stop looking at it! I still need to paint and glaze it, but i just had to post it, I am so proud of his work!

7 comments:

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Stunning!! This is just Stunning!

He did awesome!! My husband can build anything too! Aren't we lucky??

Can't wait to see it after you put your touches to it!!

Lou Cinda :)

Unknown said...

That clever husband of yours! Looks great, can't wait to see it in person!

Jill said...

You have every right to be proud of your hubby! He did a beautiful job! I love it.
~ Jill

Lori said...

It is beautiful! The fireplace would have had to sit in the garage for at least a year before my hubby would have even thought of doing anything with it!

Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

that is beautiful,, and in one night,, very impressive.

Barbara Jean said...

WOW!!!

I'm impressed!!

great to have someone who can make things like that.

barbara jean

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

that looks really fantastic! Maybe a guest post from your husband to give us his directions? :)