Monday, January 4, 2010

Some great blogging tips & the 1st project of the New Year!

I learned so much this weekend! I was not really happy with my blog lately, and knew I needed to re-do a few things, so after reading some great info from my Friend Donna over at Funky Junk, read her wonderfully informative post HERE, I knew just what I had to do, and I also knew where to find out HOW to do the things I had no idea about! Check out Sneaky Momma for some great How-to's!


Now on with some craftyness....I was also just itching to get into my craft room and make something new, and non-holiday. I had no idea what, but I had been playing around with some place mat ideas in my head, so I thought I would try it out.

I started hand stitching on some birds that I had cut out of felt, and fabric. I did one table runner, and decided that it took way too long to hand sew them on, so I finished the rest with my machine. I made 3 sets, 2 different owls sets, and one little birdie set! The tree limbs are all made from brown felt, and are just from a patterne that I drew out. Very simple, but very cute!




I can take special orders if you are looking fro a certain color/them. They are all available on my ETSY store. Thanks for stopping by! I am linking up to:
The Girl Creative



Making


Post a Comment