Monday, May 3, 2010

The reveal

So here she is, my first official handmade purse designed by ME! That's right, the pattern is all my own, I have had a few ideas floating around in my head on what I wanted to make, and I have made some other purses patterns that I have purchased, which is fine, but I wanted my own design to do with as I please, no copyright laws to worry about! I Think I finally figure it out. I put pen to paper and started sketching. I had make a few adjustments, but I think I have it down now!  
There are 2 pockets on the outside, and a zippered inside pocket. It also has a magnetic snap at the top for easy opening and closing. The flower on the front is a pin, and can be removed. 
So what do you think? I am now trying to come up with a name. The only thing I have come up with so far is Pockets and Posies, any other ideas out there?? I want the name to be one that when you hear it, you know the bag must be adorable! I know all of you wonderful ladies must have some ideas for me!

Now keep your eyes on the look out in blog land. Do you know Miss Donna? She's funky, she's junky, and will be having a 2000 follower event very soon, and guess what, you can win this bag! I will be giving away the one with the flower pin, so be sure to watch Funky Junk Interiors this week for more details on how to win! 

Here are the other 2 that I have made so far. I will be busy sewing them the rest of the week to get ready for my craft show coming up on Saturday, after that is done, you can find them in my Etsy shop! 

33 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are so cute! You did a great job. Do you have plans to sell the pattern too?

Unknown said...

Not right now, but who knows down the road! Thanks!!

Julie said...

I LOVE those and the fabric is so adorable!

huana said...

They are all beautiful,but my favorit is the brown one.

CraftyMummy said...

So Cute! Love the pockets!

Perfect Pockets...?

Sueann said...

Fabulous bags! Love the combination of colors!! And pockets are always a plus!
Hugs
SueAnn

the thrifty ba said...

you are way too talented!

Coleen's Corner said...

Very nice! Beautiful colors and design. How about coming up with a new name combining some words that describe it? Potchie? Cutsie combo of pocket and pouch? Something this cool deserves its very own name : )

Unknown said...

I'm impressed!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Love the shape of it and the outside pockets. So easy to throw keys in! Very cute!

Nic Wood said...

gorgeous bag, and I love your fabric combos!

Nic xxx

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Great design! The fabric is so fun, and I love the pockets on the outside. If you put some in your Etsy shop I may be compelled to get one!!

janimal said...

I think pocket posy is a cute name for the bag. I think the outside pockets make your bag standout, so the word "Pocket' definitely belongs. Nice work!

Erin Bassett said...

LOVE it!!!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

That is so darn cute!! :)

Kaysi said...

Those are darling! I love the fabrics!

glor said...

Very nicely done. Love the fabric.

Katy said...

Love it! Very cute...would seriously think of buying one for myself!

Unknown said...

Perfect fabric combos! These are gorgeous! Very impressed that you made the pattern up yourself!

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

that is ADORABLE! I also like the name pocket full of posies! Too cute! :)

Elizabeth {sunny bug} said...

Hi - I'm a new follower :) This is way cute! Before I read the comments, I was also thinking "pocket full of posies" - I come from a marketing mind so if if you decide to make more AWESOME designs you could add a new flower themed name and they can be your flower garden of purses. Corny maybe, but I love anything with a theme...and did I mention, this is way cute? I cannot wait to read and see more!

Slipcovers by Shelley said...

Great job on making your own pattern!! It looks like you have as much fabric as I do. I am addicted to the fabric store.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Missy, those are absolutley precious! Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday!
Leigh, Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Dee said...

so very cute! deffinately love the pockets and the name must feature the feature. how 'bout a pocketful purse? oor pocket-fulla-posies (Like the old rhyme)?

Cottage Dreamers said...

That IS adorable! I love the little pockets. What a clever design. I like the name too.
☺ Celeste

chris said...

Very nice...I love the details. Congrats on accomplishing something great!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Cute purse!
I remember years ago...I had a simple little purse similar to yours, the little old lady that lived next door would make all sorts of things for her grand-daughter, and since we were friends, she would make two of everything, so we had matching purses...well, similar.
I love yours it looks so retro...like something we might have carried.
Now, I'm giving away my age...
good of you to give one away at Donna's party.

Leslie said...

How adorable! I wanted to let you know that I awarded you the Trendy Blog award over at my blog.

nightowlcrafting.blogspot.com

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Oh, wow, very impressive. Love the style and the fabrics you chose--such great details! Thanks for linking up.

Anj said...

So I just came across your blog and I am L-O-V-I-N-G it! You are very talented!

HeARTworks said...

Hi Missy! Nice to meet you! That is one perfectly lovely bag! You are very creative coming up with your own pattern! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Stacey said...

LOVE the shape of the purse and your fabric combinations are splendid! And cute ETSY shop! I'll be adding you to my favs!

www.SweetDaisyDesigns.etsy.com

malia said...

really pretty bags and i am impressed that you made your own pattern!