Friday, May 7, 2010

Tiptoe through the tulips?? NOT TODAY!

So yesterday was sunny and in the upper 50's. We have even had a few days in the 60's and 70's this spring. The grass is green and really needs to be mowed, all the trees have bright green  buds & leaves on them, the daffodils and tulips are all in bloom, and then today this happened! 

And it is still snowing! It has been snowing all day, and now that it is evening and it is getting cooler, it is beginning to accumulate! It looks like a blizzard in November outside!


I know we have been spoiled this spring, but really, is this necessary? 

Last weekend I planted my perennial garden & hauled out all my summer yard decorations. 
Did I jinx us? 
Somedays I think mother nature is really out to get us! 

Don't die little pansy, it is supposed to be nice out again tomorrow! 

13 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! That is truly amazing.

We are in the 70s at night and the 90s in the afternoons here in Houston. Summer is officially here for us.

:) Laura

Unknown said...

bummer for you....

I LAID OUT TODAY AND GOT SOME COLOR.. SORRY! ;) he he he

Unknown said...

I laid out 2 weeks ago! I thought we were done with this crud!

Gay Vaughan said...

Oh bless your heart! This is when I am glad I live in Texas. But when it is 100 here, you will probably be having a nice summer.
~Gay~
itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Oh my goodness! I was sweating buckets yesterday at Lowes! Today not so bad. Your tulips might not survive but your pansies will be fine! Really pretty pictures though.

Kathysue said...

TLhis is unbelieveable. I live in Calif in an area that never gets snow but even if I did get snow here I would never expect it this time of year. It has been a crazy year for weather,everywhere. Hope it warms up this weekend. kathysue

Mama Thompson said...

Oh...I feel your pain...we have had a COLD spring with some random snow as well....best of luck to those flowers:)

Amy Kinser said...

How crazy is that! I hope it warms up soon and all of your flowers survive and grow beautifully.

Unknown said...

Oh I am so sorry!!! We are headed to Utah and I don't want snow...down her ein arizona we are already hitting 105! Go us!!!

Sueann said...

Same thing happened here too! Snow!!! Ridiculous!
It was gone by the end of the day but
it stayed well below freezing the whole night. Boo Hiss Boo!
Hugs
SueAnn

Christine ~ JAZ Creations said...

Wow! That happened to us here in Texas back in March. I had taken pictures of all the Spring blooms then 2 days later we had 6 inches of snow!

Melissa said...

We had snow last night but nothing like this...but think about it this way - you got to take some stunning photos...

Amanda G said...

Well I feel a little better now, we didn't get that much snow. Mainly rain. But there is a bit of white stuff on the ground this morning.
Wishing warm and sunny days!
amanda @ myramblings.ca