Thursday, February 4, 2010

A very sad day

What can you say about one of the greatest men you ever had the pleasure to know? This is Grandpa. No one called him by his name, he was Grandpa to everyone who knew and loved him, which was many, many people! We lost him on Wednesday of this week, he lived a very long and full life. I know that he will forever watch over all of us, and now he is back in the arms of his loving wife, who passed almost 5 years ago, and he has been so lonely without her. So I am happy that they are together again, but we will all miss him more that he will ever know.
He was a true joy to be around, he always had a huge smile and the best hugs ever. He also picked out the sweetest cards on Birthdays and Christmas, must be where my hubbs gets it from. I can see so much of him in Grandpa, they have the same kind & giving nature and a huge passion for the people in their life. I will miss seeing him at all the family events, or having him over for dinner. I wish my little guys would have had more years to really get to know what a wonderful great grandpa they had, they will miss the bags of M & M's, Grandpa always had enough for all the kids in his pocket every time we saw him. They always had so much fun playing with Great Grandpa.

His funeral is this Saturday, and I know it will be one I will never forget, he served in WW2 and is being laid to rest with full military honors. He was a great man who had nothing but love & kindness in his heart for all he knew. We miss you so much Grandpa, give Grandma a great big hug from us all. You will be forever in our hearts.



Post a Comment