Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Applique Tree Skirt & Stocking

Last year I started making recycled Christmas stockings and tree skirts out of old coffee bean bags. I  knew I was going to make more this year, but also wanted to make them a little different than last year's. Since I have been so into applique with old sweaters, that is what I decided to do with my tree skirts, stockings, and burlap accent pillows.
This is the stocking and skirt I made tonight with some new bags I picked up from my favorite coffee bean roasting company. I used my cricut to cut out the snowman, Ironed and sewed him on. Added some beads and buttons, and he is done!
The stocking pieces are from a real heavy wool sweater. I have been in the mood to be done with fall lately and just move right into Christmas, and apparently Mother nature is feeling the same way. It started snowing here today around 5 pm, and still has not stopped. We have a winter weather advisory through tomorrow, so you think I might get a snow day?? Ok, wishful thinking, but then I could stay home and sew all day!!! 

9 comments:

Sueann said...

I really love that stocking!! The tree skirt is adorable too! Can't beat coffee bean sacks. Well done!
Hugs
SueAnn

Iron Girl!! said...

Absolutely adorable! What a wonderful way to recycle and reuse such cool sacks too. :)

Unknown said...

that stocking is adorable!!!

Maggie Lamarre said...

omg no way snow already????
Here I am in record heat for this time of the year it was 90 degrees here in fl, yesterday..
Luv luv the stocking, thanks for sharing.
Maggie
http://maggielamarre.com

Dorothy said...

Those are absolutely adorable. I love snowmen, but am very picky about them too. These are awesome. =)

Kathleen said...

Adorable project.

Larri said...

I absolutely love this! What a great upcycle! I so hope you'll join me and my Thrifty Christmas Challenge. You are such an inspiration. :o) Thanks for sharing your talent with us in Bloggerville. :o) Larri at Seams Inspired

Unknown said...

Very cute! I love Christmas and I'm excited to see some great Christmas decor posts like this popping up. Snow! Wow, we haven't had any yet, in fact it was fairly warm here today. My boys are waiting for it though. Hubby, not so much, he has to shovel snow at work as part of his job.

Abby said...

adorable stocking and tree skirt. I love the snowmen :) i love snow and Christmas and can't wait for it to all start!