Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bag of surprises

So during my recent streak of treasure hunting, I have been picking up miscellaneous bags of sewing supplies and notions. If it looked interesting I would grab it and not really give it a second thought. It was a gallon size ziploc bag of who knows what for a buck, I really couldn't go wrong. I happen to have 3 now, all from different sales, and I have yet to go through them, until tonight! 
Imagine my delight when I dumped these babies out!!! 
TREASURE!!!! 

So now I have dumped and sorted, and look at all of this,

I have about 30 pack of rick rack, most are unopened, and every color you could imagine. Look at the vintage labels 
And then I found theses little things, at first I thought they were some type of little dowel,

And then I realized that one had something inside, the tops came right off. 

What a great idea!!! And these needles, so heavy duty! I think they could sew through anything, I wonder if they will fit in my machine? 

Scissors, still sharp! 

What have you found while out hunting for treasures??? 


5 comments:

Melissa said...

That is awesome! Where did you get that candy holder? I love that!

huana said...

I'm so glad for you!And so envy! But in good way!

Country Mouse said...

Wow! What great finds!!!!! Love the ric-rac!!!!

Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com said...

I don't know if you've seen this, but beaders, like my mother-in-law take those little needle cases and bead beautiful designs over them.
Great finds!
Nancy
http://www.howtohomemaker.com/

Marie-Andrée said...

great finds! I love your blog. You are so much creative. You made lovely things. I can say: "I admire you" (I don't say that very often!)
I think it is the third time I go throw your blog. thank you
mandreel@gmail.com