Monday, August 2, 2010

A dream, an Idea & a dumpster


Shed= Lots of junk stored inside, not the stuff you fix up for fun, but the crap you don't want to deal with so you throw it in there and close the door. 


Close it, QUICK! 

Then comes along a dream, an idea, and a dumpster. 

I love to be crafty and make all kinds of stuff. I have been in a few craft shows, I have even held a sale or two in my home. A shop of my own would be great, but never really thought I could do it. 
I have a great friend who just made her dream a reality this spring and built a beautiful new shop to have her sales in. She asked me if I would like to be a part of this months "shop hop" her and a bunch of other super talented ladies in the area are having an August shop hop, and I just couldn't justify tearing my house apart & disrupting my family for 3 days, so I had to say no, as much as I would have loved to join in the fun.
And then one day it came to me, the light bulb came on big and bright.
We ordered the dumpster, and within a couple of days we turned the crap shed into my future shop! 


My hubby added a window, one from the side of the road. Then he sprayed the entire inside white, using leftover paint and primer from the house. 


I kept telling him that I was not going to spend money on this project! 
So I was digging through the left overs from our old house, and found the perfect piece of railing, and an old plank from the kids old play set.
A few red accents, and the outside is all set! 
So far I have soent nothing!!! 





The little Green Bean will be open for business August 20 & 21 9-5
Stay tuned for sneak peaks inside as I get it ready! 
My shop will consist mainly of my handmade bags, totes, wood crafts, burlap goodies, and some other fun one of a kind items!!! 


32 comments:

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Omg, I want one! I wish I had a little shop to do project in. Your is looking so darn cute!

mommynoodles said...

Awww,too cute! Congrats!

Lindsayb-mo said...

This is so inspiring! Congrats! I can't wait to see the inside! It's super cute on the out!!!!
Fun, fun, fun!!!!

Amy A said...

It turned out adorable, how inspiring! TFS :)

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Oh how fun Missy!!! It looks adoreable on the outside and love what you've done with it. Can't wait to see the inside :) Good job!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Congrats--it is adorable--may you have great sales!

Deborah Raymond said...

What an inspiration, to look at something a new way and create something useful with practically nothing! Thanks for giving my brain a boost.

Amy Kinser said...

Love your new shop. So happy it worked out so well for you! It looks great.

Sheila said...

Adorable! I LOVE it!!!

Heather* said...

Looks great...can't wait to have a shop of my own

marisa said...

cute! love the little fence!!

Unknown said...

Great idea! Hope it goes well. The shed/shop looks so fresh and pretty now. The red barn star is the perfect 'icing on the cake'.

Sueann said...

It all looks fabulous! Love the red accents!
You are going to have so much fun!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Kari @ Mommy's Fabulous Finds said...

Cute! I am your newest follower from the blog hop

Hope you can come visit my blog
http://shining2save.com

Have a great day!

Kari

Jodz said...

I love your shed. Its lovely.

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

That sounds like so much fun! The shed is really coming together! Love the pops of red!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

You certainly have the magic touch for sheds, Missy! How adorable!! I'm so inspired, my poor woodshed is in serious dire straights. It may have to lose some wood weight after seeing what you did!! :)

Donna

Marianne said...

That is a wonderful makeover. How fantastic that you can get to have your own little shop right at home, and a beautiful shed too!

Jen said...

I want one too!
My hubby already has one & we are in the process of building an even bigger one...Hmmmmm..wonder if he would be game for building yet another one next year for me?
I love it!

Unknown said...

Great transformation, and free, too! That's my kind of project.

Recaptured Charm said...

Great idea! I still have the 'crap' shed. Filled with stuff! Would love to have it as clean and purposeful as yours!

Brianna! said...

oh my heavens this is amazingly precious!
xoxo
bB

pogonip said...

Seriously cute! I can't wait to see what you put in your little store.

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

How cute is that! How fun... good luck with your shop ;)

Unknown said...

That is absolutely adorable and SO resourceful! I so wish you were in my area so I could stop by your shop. I wish you all the best in your new undertaking! Keep us posted, please!

Debbie said...

Oh you are such an inspiration. I have an old garage in my back yard and have been filling it with stuff for my 'cottage garden studio' for about 15 years now. I see your little shed and I just know I can do it if I try!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Nori said...

oh my stinkin goodness!!! that looks A-MAZING! i can't imagine how giddy you must be getting your workshop/shop ready!

Lisa said...

I am so jealous! How exciting and fun is that!

Melissa said...

Missy, I just wanted to let you know, I awarded you a blog award. Enjoy!

http://mycraftielife.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-first-blogging-award.html

Kristal said...

Sorry I'm a little late in getting to this GD series. But you did a fab makeover! Lucky, lucky you! I hope you have a super Grand Opening!

~♥~
Kristal

Squirrel said...

Congratulations on fixing up the shed. What a great inspiration and how sweet that your husband helped out.

Sue said...

Great idea, I hope you sell out, Good Luck!
Sue