Thursday, August 19, 2010

Painted area rug

Remeber in my last post I said that something was missing?? 
Donna, you guessed it! it needs something on the floor, so I painted an area rug.

Use FROG tape, to mark off the area you want to paint, and begin with the first color.

Once dry, tape again with the next design, I went simple here, not enough time to go too crazy!

Now paint with the next color.

I remove the tape before it dries, no risk of having the paint peel up! 

Now I have a neat little area rug! The great thing about this one is I just have to sweep it to keep it clean!

Much better!! 

Now here are a few more pictures before I open tomorrow.

Here is the check out counter that my wonderful hubby built for me. The top is an old wood door, and the sides and front is from the crib my boys slept in! 

Now lets hope for a nice 2 days, no rain! 
I wish you all could come to my sale, but I know that is not possible, so stay tuned here Saturday night! 
I am finally going to update my ETSY site, there will be lots of gooides for you to choose from! 


17 comments:

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Aha!! How fabulous! The added warmth of colour makes such an impact!

Your store looks so cozy and wonderful. I wish you much success Missy!

Donna

Unknown said...

I love your little shop, I dreamed of having one for myself. Your rug turned out awesome!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

That entire little shop is too cute. It makes me smile and smile. You are very talented and I always enjoy your posts.

Roeckers said...

gorgeous!! Love the repurposed crib!!

GOOD LUCK!!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Missy, Your shop is just so cute! I love the little check out area you put together. I wish you much luck, I'm sure you will be a huge success!

Mom2fur said...

What a unique and adorable shop you have! Best of luck with the weather this weekend. I know it's going to be beautiful here on Long Island, so I hope that nice weather spreads in your direction, too!

Sueann said...

I just love your little cottage shop!! It is perfect!! Your work table is adorable and the painted rug really hits the spot. Good luck on your sale!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Deborah Raymond said...

I wish I could live there!

Ali @ Honey and Maple Syrup said...

I love the area rug! It adds the perfect touch.

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Om goodness, I wish I could come, I love it--good luck with the sale!

The Boston Lady said...

Best wishes for your opening day. I have so enjoyed watching the transformation of this space. The painted rug is just the perfect touch and as you said, just sweep! Wish I lived closer to come and see it all in person.

thepaperroSe said...

Best wished for your sale! I know it is alot of work....but, fun work! I do two sales a year...

Karen said...

So inviting and clever! Have fun!!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

That's the greatest rug ever! No one tripping on it or scrunching it up..perfect! Good job!

Nori said...

that turned out amazing!!! wish i lived closer. the display table your hubby made is incredible!!!

Unknown said...

I love what you did on the rug. It turned out really good. Brilliant idea!
-Oriental Rug Cleaning

Unknown said...

This is one clever and playful idea. Small carpet means little time for carpet cleaning. Hartford is a bit freezing right now and carpet could add warmth. You have a great space and putting a playful remark on it has put you on embarking topnotch place! Good one!