Monday, January 19, 2015

Transformation Tuesday-My workspace

I have posted about my craft room several times over the years. What can I say, I love my space! I also love to share and hope that it inspires even 1 person! I have an amazing room thanks to my hubby, he owns his own construction company and he really can build anything! So 1 1/2 yrs ago when I decided I needed him to remove a wall to join 2 rooms and make my room bigger, he didn't even argue! (yes he is a saint!) When we did that re model the room was primarily gray, and while I love neutral, after some time it was just OK.
Something else I realized was it just wasn't as efficient as it could be. I had items out all the time that I rarely used and things shoved n drawers and cabinets that I forgot I had and bought more of! 
It was time for a change! I was going to add some color, clean, purge & re-organize! And then I did just that! 
Here is what I new for sure; 
I wanted red and aqua accents. 
I wanted clear containers
I wanted more shelves for the walls to hold the clear containers
I needed more fabric storage (a lot was in a cubby)
I wanted more of what I love in this room

So I spent one Saturday afternoon shopping like it was my job. 
Target, Hobby Lobby & TjMAXX received a lot of my money that day! 

After cleaning, painting and a lot of re thinking my placement here is where I landed:

The walls are all the same gray color, but I used a wall stencil & some aqua paint to add the design! 

I am in this room, well a LOT. So I needed it to be functional but pretty & uplifting! 

As you can see, I have a lot of fabric. Now all of it is out right where I can see it. 
Later this week I will post a how to on the mini foam core bolts I made. 

Loving the 6ft long Ironing board!!! 



This room is really 2 room turned into one. The other half is more for paper crafting and has another great work counter that my kids love to use!


Everything now has a place and it works the way I need it to! 


If you have any questions on what I did, where I got specific items or organization in general, post them in the comments. I would be happy to help you out! 
Thanks for looking!

No comments: