Monday, January 31, 2011

Pretty up your pillows!

Sorry, I have been a little M.I.A. here in blog land lately! 
I started my amazing new job last week, and by the time I got the kids down for bed each night I was just too exhausted to do anything else! But slowly, I am adjusting to my new daily routine, and and finding some time to get back into the craft room! This weekends project was to make some pillow covers for my super boring and non matching couch pillows! 
Pillow covers are so fast and easy to make. All of the ones I am going to show you here are 17 x 17. They can easily be removed and washed as often as needed! 
Here you have blah blah blah, and now.............
Ahhhhmazing!!! So much better!! I had a ton of this fabric on hand, and finally knew what I wanted to make with it! It is a gorgeous Valarie Wells print. I made 5 different covers that all coordinate with each other. 





I knew I wanted flowers and ruffles, and a hint of lace! Had to keep the birds and branches too. I love that they will flow nicely right into spring! 




11 comments:

The Crafty Side Of Life said...

Those pillows are so pretty! Love them!

I'm doing a giveaway on my blog!! Please come on over and enter!

Sueann said...

The pillows are fabulous!! Love them!
And I am glad you are enjoying your new job!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Unknown said...

This is proof that a tiny bit of pattern can wake up a room.

You chose wisely; those pillows are gorgeous!

:) Laura

Naomi said...

Tell me about how to do ruffles as a novice? Pretty please?

MARY said...

Those are awesome! The ruffles are my favorite.

Katie's how to said...

These pillows are beautiful. I am so impressed!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the pillow! They are beauties!!!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I cannot believe the make-over! These are sooo wonderful..wow..stunning..and soo inventive :-)

Angie said...

Those are awesome - love them! I especially like that they seem to tell a story and they look like they go together though they're not identical to each other. Nice work!

Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple said...

Those are awesome! I love the colors that you chose!

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

I love that print! Great variety of designs too!